Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little Pictures Show

This week I am going to post the paintings that I am entering in the Little Pictures Show at the Providence Art Club. There are 6, and by the opening on the 22nd, you can have your favorite chosen and rush in to buy it! There is a theme for the pictures I have chosen to put in the show, and by the middle of the week I am sure that you will figure it out.
Before I started exhibiting my paintings I really had no idea of how much is involved in getting everything ready. Do I have frames? Are they wired the right way? Are the pictures documented? Are they signed? What about labels? Last minutes touchups? And a finish coating to even out the quality of the surface finish? I get a little assembly line going and process the pictures in batches of 6-8 paintings at a time.
Here is the first painting:
Harmony Home Farm 9" x 12" oil on canvas

This is a painting from this summer from an actual farm with this name. It was lovely to paint, and it is great to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: