Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Villa Marina

oil on panel 9" x 12"
This latest entry to the Little Pictures show is a sketch of a Victorian bed and breakfast in Newport.

This year I was in town for the Newport Museum wet paint event, and I was scared but determined to take part. The actual painting that I did for it was sold at auction of course, but I went down the weekend before and did this sketch as a dry run. I could have changed my mind and painted something else on the actual day, but I enjoyed all the shades of blue, the distant bridge, and the great steep roof and architectural shapes of this house, and painted it twice.

I hoped that the Owner of the house might buy it at the auction, but I felt to shy to introduce myself when I was done painting. Later, we went down to see all the paintings hung on the wall before the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: