Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mystery

9" x 12" oil on panel

Have you ever taken a walk through the woods and come upon a house like this?

This painting has been particularly difficult to photograph in a way that the image on the screen has the power of the painting, but this version looks close to the original on my screen. I hope that you can get the sense of the dying fall day, painted as I walked on Monhegan.

I was talking to someone in my painting class today about painting over previously painted canvases. They said that there was a possibility that the new painting would "sink" into the older painting over the course of a few years, and that the best way to prevent that was to paint the old canvas with latex exterior house paint. Has anyone anything to offer on the topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: