Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sunflowers and Fog

oil on linen panel 14" x 18"

My latest offering is completely off season, but I decided that I would try it the other day. I took a small painting of Monhegan that I had done previously and tried it on a larger canvas. I think it is still 75% done, but I am offering a blog of it as a Christmas present for people who would like to remember warmer times. I am also curious to look at it online myself.
Most of the other paintings I have done lately have not been successful enough to post. I blame it on this silly cold, but as long as I keep painting, I am fine. I have long said that if I am not willing to do paintings that I don't end up liking, that I will not grow as an artist. Of course, that needs to be coupled with a willingness to try keeping an open mind and doing things in different ways as well. What is the definition of insanity? Trying to get different results from doing things the same way.
Do have a wonderful Christmas, and if you are a painter, keep painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: